The Indian Premier League (IPL) over the years we have seen some amazing and colorful opening ceremonies. The 10th edition IPL had a wonderful start at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium yesterday with the opening ceremony given that some real entertainment for the holiday crowd. It will be continued almost 2 months non-stop action. Opening Ceremony got off to a flying start with Bollywood actress Amy Jackson setting the stage on fire with her dance show. It’s begun with ‘Chale Chalo’, the well-known song from blockbuster ‘Lagaan’. This is the first time in IPL’s history that the organizers conducted eight opening ceremonies at eight IPL hosted cites, one in each hosting venue. They also include an amazing opening welcome and some glamor quotient before the beginning of the first match in all the venues.
The highlight of the opening ceremony
- The tenth edition of IPL event started with Ravi Shastri calling out the names of Indian cricket legends Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman and Virender Sehwag. They were later congratulated by different BCCI officials.
- After the cricket legends felicitated, SRH skipper David Warner and RCB captain Virat Kohli and exchanged the Spirit of Cricket token.
- Later, the stage was left open for Amy Jackson’s dance performance to perform on various Bollywood numbers. Like ‘sara jamana’, ‘tama tama’ and ‘kala chasma’
Overall, the total opening ceremony was thoroughly out of sink with less glamor.
Tendulkar and his three former India team-mates Ganguly, Laxman and Sehwag did a lap of honour riding on golf carts. There was a massive roar from spectators when Tendulkar came into the middle of the ground.
- IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla along with treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary felicitate Sachin Tendulkar.
- BCCI’s acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary felicitates Virender Sehwag.
- BCCI’s acting president CK Khanna felicitates Sourav Ganguly.
- Shastri now calls up BCCI’s Committee of Administrators chief Vinod Rai to felicitate VVS Laxman.
A visual of the 8 team captains signing the MCC Spirit of Cricket was shown before SRH and RCB skippers David Warner and Virat Kohli entered the arena. Warner presented a memento to Kohli to be a sign of all the teams’ resolve to uphold the spirit of cricket.
Vivo IPL 2017 Cricket Action
After opening, celebrations completed our favorite cricket action started with an important match between defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore. It was the 10th match between SRH and RCB. First match toss won by RCB captain Shane Watson and opted to field.
In the opening T20 match victory to Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League. Sunrisers Hyderabad’s 207 runs for 4 wickets in the first innings, Yuvraj Singh (62) and Moises Henriques (52), Royal Challengers Bangalore lost by 35 runs. RCB got off to a great start but lost wickets at regular intervals that did not do any good to their run chase.
In the initial IPL few tournaments in India 2008, 2010 and 2011 the organizers held an opening ceremony on the day of the opening match. Again it was repeated yesterday because of BCCI had very little time due to the tussle with the Supreme Court-appointed Lodha panel and the Committee of Administrators. Usually, the preparation for the ceremony takes set 4-6 months in advance. But now a month-and-a-half back, the board worked out the modalities, issuing guidelines for bids to organize the opening ceremonies.
However, in the 10th edition of the Vivo IPL gets started on Wednesday, the opening ceremony. Started at 6.30 pm surprise goes on till 6.54 before the players are brought in for warm up.
This year the stars present lesser figure. Amy Jackson, a British actress who works in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi movies the stared attraction while at other venues too.